Bento # 60 – Chicks bento
A late post of my yesterday Bento, another version of chicks Bento.
What’s in the box :
- A portion of Vietnamese tomato rice
- 3 Fried quail eggs – 2 for the chicks and 1 for the decoration (use small bento cutter to cut egg into flower shape )
- Nori, cheese and ketchup to decorate the cheese
- 1 piece pork chop
- 1/4 butter corn
- tomato and cucumber
I found this recipe and the how to make at YouTube by “howcookingworks.com”
Copy paste of the recipe below, courtesy of howcookingworks.com, please visit their YouTube for details or check their FB.
Ingredients : for the Broth
Ingredients : Others
The directions :
- Preboiled the bones for 10 monites and then cook the bones with all ingredients for min 3 hours
- Toast the spices before putting them in the broth, use tea container to make sure spices not scattered around in the broth.
- Oven Onion and sliced ginger before cooking them in the broth.
- Add fish sauce accordingly with your taste of saltiness.
- Separately boil to cook the noodle, place meat and vegetables on top , pour the broth and serve with sauce.
Here is the Pho Tai made by me 🙂
I could not find the eye round so I substitute with the thinly sliced beef for shabu-shabu (rinse and squeezed the meat to get rid of the blood), add cut chilli and change lemon to lime and substitute the sawtooth leaf with peppermints.
Could not find the Siracaha so only add Hoisin sauce.
By the way is it only me? I found that the overseas Vietnamese beef noodle taste much better than those sold in Vietnam itself? (Sorry no offense meant to anyone).
Hmmm…..maybe me not knowing where to find the good one in Vietnam. Or probably also due to the weather, coincidentally I always eat those Pho during winter trip so the hot soup taste even better 🙂
Anyway few places that I found the Pho tasty and yummy :
- Vietopia. Jl. Senopati no. 66 Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta, Indonesia. + 62 21 726 1162
- Yeo’s Pho Restaurant , Jl. Muara Karang Bl L-9 Timur No. 5 – 6, Jakarta, Indonesia +62 21 660-2989
- Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam , 241 Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia +61 3 9663 3288
- Pho So 1, 4745 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89102, Tel: (702) 252-3934