This is my submission for twolittlechefettes monthly cooking challenge, the theme of this month is : Mushrooms
Today dish is simple vegetable stir fry with Autumn theme and mushroom , which I put into my lunch Bento.
- Shimeji mushroom (split into pieces)
- Korean mushroom (I am not sure what its name since it was written in Korean and no other description), it looks like giant enoki (thicker and bigger in size and in white color) – split into pieces
- Lotus root – sliced into 0.3- 0.5 cm width
- Snap peas
- Carrot (cut into maple leaves shape)
- Oyster sauce
- Sesame oil
- Soya sauce (to taste)
- Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 tea spoon Mushroom stock
- Wash all ingredients
- Heat sesame oil in frying pan under medium heat and stir in lotus root and carrot and snap peas , cook for about 3-4 minutes,remove from the pan.
- Add another sesame oil and stir in chopped garlic, once garlic started to change color, stir in the mushroom (both types) and then add in the lotus root and carrot and peas.
- Add oyster sauce and a little of soy sauce and mushroom stock, stir until all seasoning mix well with the vegetables. The mushroom will release juices therefore no need to add water.
- Remove from heat and serve while still hot/warm.