Mum gave me some fish maw (she always stock this ingredients at home) , initially I plan to cook a stir fry veggie and fish maw in oyster sauce but as always , upon checking my fridge found out that I didn’t stock the right ingredients and all I have was a pack of organic sweet corn, which I intended to cook for soup today. So hey…why not add he fish maw into the soup?
The corn soup recipe is one of mum’s home cooked food , it was simple to make and not as complicated as the real Chinese fish maw soup, not that this corn soup is not real though.
- 2 medium sweet corns (shredded)
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- bunch of fish maw (the one I got from my mum was already soaked and squeeze out of excess water) , sliced thinly
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 1 piece of chicken breast fillet (cut into diced or sliced thinly)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp corn flour, mixed with 4 tbsp water, for thickening
- Bring the chicken stock and chicken fillet to boil., add the shredded carrots and let it simmer for 3 minutes over low heat
- Add the corns and cook for 5-8 minutes over low heat then add the fish maw
- Add seasoning such as salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in the eggs to make eggs ribbon, let the soup simmered for 1 minutes.
- Thicken the soup with corn flour mixture, let soup simmered for another 2 minutes, remove from heat and serve while still hot.