I was inspired to try making Chinese Shu Mai after receiving yummy homemade Shu Mai from Madam. SL, also I got to use the Shu Mai microwavable tray that I bought from Japan Store.
Here is the recipe I got from mum
- 1 pack Round wonton skin
- 250 gr ground chicken meat
- 4 -5 medium shrimp (peeled, deveined, and diced into small pieces)
- 1 medium shitake mushroom (diced into small pieces)
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 stalk small size scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 table spoon of water
- Carrot (finely chopped) for garnishing
- Mix the chicken with other ingredients and seasonings and set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Place about a tablespoon of filling on wonton skin, gather up the sides and leave the center open. Garnish the top with some chopped carrot .
- Place a sheet of cloth or parchment paper before placing the Shu Mai to ensure them did not stick on bamboo steamer.
- Steam in a bamboo steamer for about 25 minutes until the wrapper skin turn translucent. Serve hot.
I use the Shu Mai microwavable tray to enhance the Shu Mai shape and decided to steam using bamboo steamer instead of using microwave.
Tada… here is steaming hot Chicken Shu Mai ala RCC 🙂
Happy Friday all…