It’s been a while since I post something other than Bento. Well… I do eat other food as well, but sometimes I am just too lazy to grab my camera and take the picture, especially when the dish is too simple and too lame to post.
Anyway today please find my all time fave and emergency food, pasta… and today is the Spicy Chorizo pasta. At a glance the Chorizo looks a bit like Chinese pork sausage (lap cheong/lap chong) and this is the first time I try them (Ibought them out of curiosity because of the look) and they turn out to be good. I love how the melted fat enhance the flavor of the pasta.
- A portion of pasta of your choice (I use 250 gr fusilli)
- 125 gr chorizo sausage , sliced
- 1 red chilli, remove seed and sliced
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 75 gr Parmesan + extra to serve
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Put the chorizo and oil in frying pan over a very low heat, cook slowly until crisp.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Crack the eggs in bowl, add parmesan, season with salt and pepper and mix well using fork.
- Just before the pasta is ready, increase the heat under the frying pan so that oil and melted chorizo fat start to sizzle.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and return to the pan, immediately stir in the egg mixture and the hot contents of the frying pan.
- Stir vigorously so that the egg cook evenly, serve with parmesan.