I was inspired to make this salad after last night dinner at Korean restaurant where they serve this apple raisin salad as one of the banchan (side dish).
- 2 red apples – cut into cubes and toss into cold salted water
- 1 cucumber – remove the seeds and cut into small pieces
- A bunch of green seedless apple
- one small box of raisins
- mayonnaise (I happen to have the Korean brand mayo)
- 1/2 table spoon sugar (optional) – I like a little sweet on my salad
- 1/2 table spoon ice water
- soaked apple cubes into cold salted water for 3 minutes to maintain apple’s colors and freshness, drain and wipe gentle with paper towel.
- in a salad bowl , mix sugar, mayonnaise and ice water, stir until sugar dissolved and then tossed into the bowl the rest of other ingredients
- mix until all ingredients coated with mayonnaise.
- chill in the fridge