I still small bunch of fresh red spinach, so I decide to make Spinach and Cheese Frittata for breakfast. Initially I browse for recipe and upon knowing the basic ingredients I just twisted them into my liking. Here is the result.
And below please find the ala RCC recipe.
- 3 eggs (to match with the volume of my tamagoyaki pan)
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped finely
- A bunch of red spinach, cut the stem and chopped roughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and stir in the chopped garlic, once garlic start to turn color add the spinach and stir until spinach wilted and spread them evenly across the pan.
- Beat the eggs, add salt and pepper to taste, reduce the heat to low heat and pour egg mixture to the pan, slowly stir for 3 seconds to ensure spinach mix evenly with eggs. Cover the pan with lid and let the egg mixture set.
- Once mixture start to set at the bottom, place the sliced cheddar cheese on top of the eggs and cover with lid, continue to cook over low heat.
- When cheddar cheese started to melt, use a fork to lightly spread them evenly, continue to cook over and once eggs looks cooked add the parmesan cheese on top, continue to cook for a while.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the cooked frittata into plate.