I am a big fan of pasta and always stock them in the kitchen together with instant noodle as emergency food, meaning easy dish to whip for simple lunch, dinner or supper.
And as always I cook the dish based on the ingredients that I have , hence the Tagliatelle with Thai flavors.
- A portion of dried tagliatelle – boil with salted water until al dente, reserved 4 table spoon of the cooking water.
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 2 table spoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Juice from 2 limes ( I used about 2 tablespoon of Zest)
- 1 bunch of coriander – chopped
- 1 bunch of Thai or ordinary basil leaves (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces of black tiger prawn,peeled but leave the tail.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat, stir in the prawn until they turn pink.
- Add garlic, ginger, and chilli, stir for 30 seconds or until garlic starts to release its aroma.
- Whisk in pasta cooking water and bring to boil.
- Stir in the pasta and coriander with lime juice, toss over for few second until heated thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste.