Today dish is a stir fry Chinese Japanese version of pepper steak , recipe was adapted from http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/pepper-steak-with-potatoes/
I substitute the sliced beef with sliced pork bacon and omit the doubanjiang (don’t have this sauce in my stock) and below is the result.
Below please find the copy paste of the Original recipe from justonecookbook
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 russet potato, cut into strips, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, discarded seeds and cut into strips
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg sliced beef (“Komagire” or “Shabu Shabu” from Japanese market, or flank steak and sirloin steak would work too), cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cooking sake
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. doubanjiang
- ½ tsp. sugar
- In a wok, heat 1 ½ Tbsp. sesame oil over medium high heat. Stir fry potatoes first. When they are wilted, add green peppers and stir fry. Sprinkle salt and pepper. When they are cooked, transfer to a plate.
- In the same wok, add 1 ½ Tbsp. sesame oil and stir fry the meat.
- When the meat changed color, put the potatoes and green peppers back in the wok.
- Add seasonings and mix well to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.