Today dish is Spicy Maple Corn Fritters, I saw this recipe from fellow blogger friend, Jen from http://www.savorysimple.net.
I was curious to try because all this time the corn fritters that I ever taste and cook were savory type , never try any sweet fritters so the name of this dish really intrigue me.
Here is the result of my Spicy Maple Corn Fritters, they are yummy.
And here is the copy paste of the recipe from http://www.savorysimple.net/spicy-maple-corn-fritters/
Spicy Maple Corn Fritters
Active Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- A neutral, high heat oil such as vegetable or canola
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk in the eggs, milk, and maple syrup.
- Fold in the corn.
- Heat the oil to 365 degrees F in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Gently drop in small spoonfuls of the batter and allow to cook on each side until golden brown.
- Allow to drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately. Sift powdered sugar on top before serving.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks