Today recipe was adapted from http://www.cookingjapanesestyle.com. The author of this recipe said that this is the type of snack to drink with beer at Tachinomiya (stand-up bar).
The recipe is so simple yet delicious, it did not require a lot of seasoning, hence bring out the natural taste of the ingredients. Below is my version of fried lotus root with japanese mushroom.
Below is the copy paste recipe and how to from http://www.cookingjapanesestyle.com/2012/06/07/japanese-recipe-fried-lotus-root-with-japanese-mushrooms/comment-page-1/
Youtube on how to is also available.
- 8 in long loot root
- 1 bunch of shimeji mushrooms
- 2 pieces of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of shoyu sauce
- 2 strips of ham
- 1/4 of salt
- 1/4 of pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. First we need to peel the lotus root skin off and cut the lotus root into thin slices.
2. Now we need to take the shiitake mushroom cut the stem off at the base and cut into thin slices.
3. Next we need to cut the ham into slices.
4. Now for the cooking part, turn your stove on to a medium heat. Add the lotus root, shiitake mushrooms, shimeji mushrooms, and ham to the frying pan. Then add you salt, pepper, and shoyu. Mix and let it cook for about 5 ~ 6 minutes.
5. Done and serve.