To avoid any disappointment , I will admit from the very beginning that nothing fancy nor sophisticated on the curry sauce , been using instant curry seasoning mix.
No special preference on the brand as well, the thing that attracted me was the nice picture on the packaging.
The “how to” in the packaging seems to be very easy and since I still stock some chicken in the fridge, I decided to give it a try and the result turn out to be yummy…. although my chicken curry looks very simple compare to the picture in the packaging.
- 1/2 kg of chicken ( I use about 4 pieces)
- 1 pack of instant curry mix
- 250 ml water
- 1 table spoon of cooking cream (optional)
- Stir fry the instant mix until fragrant and add the chicken.
- Mix well and then add water (the instant mix that I bought already have coconut milk inside , otherwise you may substitute the water with coconut milk to enhance flavor, after all curry is strongly associated with coconut milk)
- Cook over low heat until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened as desired (I add 1 table spoon of cooking cream to thicken the curry, can substitute the cream with coconut milk too)
- Serve while still hot.