This is a late post of yesterday Bento.
Created and eaten on Mar 5, 2012.
Received a pack of brown rice from mum, she had been encouraging me to eat more brown rice. Said that brown rice is more nutritious, contain more fiber , more healthy and good for diet. Well the last word “diet” kind of made me obidiently accept the rice package and cook them yesterday.
Initially I did not plan to make any Bento but upon seing the cooked rice’s color, I thought that it would be a waste not to maximize the unique brownish/reddish color into something. Hence come this Japanese Ogre Bento.
What’s in the box
- Steamed brown rice -> for Ogre face
- Spinach Fettucine -> toss with Pesto sauce for the hair
- Yellow cherry tomatoes -> Ogre’s nose and horns
- Cheese -> for the eyes and fangs
- Deep fried sweet potatoes sticks -> seasoned with plum sauce