Today is Valentine day, though I am not someone who will go all the way to celebrate this “love declaration day” yet I am inspired to cook something with Valentine theme for lunch and Bento.
I spotted a can of tuna in chilli tomato sauce that I bought last weekend and decided to make a spicy tuna pasta. Spicy??? some of you might think that it is not the right food for the romantic occasion, but then again it was not meant for a romantic candle light dinner and the reason why I choose this because I want to decorate my pasta with flowers made from cherry tomatoes (have them for almost a week and it turn out that I was rather busy last week and don’t cook as often as usual so I am afraid they will get spoiled soon).
- Pasta of your liking (I am using spaghetti), cook al dente.
- 1 can of spicy/hot tuna
- 1/2 table spoon of chopped garlic
- few pieces of shallot (sliced thinly)
- 1-2 pieces of red/green chilli (sliced thinly)
- few cherry tomatoes (cut into small cubes)
- few cherry tomatoes (peel the skin for tomato flowers)
- Stir fry the shallot with some olive oil until translucent and fragrance.
- Add garlic and chilli stir for a while until garlic turn golden yellow and then add the tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper , add the diced tomatoes and let the them simmer for a while and lastly reduce the heat and toss in the pasta.
- Mix well and serve while still hot.
Tips : Since I only plan to eat small portion of this dish, I dish up the tuna in a separate container and only toss them proportionally with my pasta portion.
With this I can save and keep the rest of the tuna for eating at later time.