This is another family’s favorite dish, when mum runs out of idea on what to cook , she will ask me or my brothers and we will always ask for this stir fry potatoes with pork. The pork is not a must sometimes mum will cook this dish with chicken too.
- 2 Medium potatoes
- 100-120 gr of pork fillet (I don’t have pork fillet so I substitute with minced pork)
- 1/2 table spoon chopped garlic
- 1 table spoon oyster sauce
- 2 table spoon sweet soya sauce
- 3 table spoon of water
- 1 /2 table spoon corn starch dissolved with 2 table spoon water
- Pepper to taste
- Light soya sauce/ pinch of salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes into about 0.5 cm width and deep fry until almost golden yellow, set aside.
- Stir fry garlic until fragrance and then add the meat, stir fry for a while then add the water
- Then add osyter sauce, sweet soya sauce, pepper, light soya sauce , stir until all seasoning mix well
- Stir in the previously fried potatoes, mix well
- Lastly add the cornstarch liquid to get your desired thickness, remove from heat and serve while still warm.
Notes : When cook with pork fillet or chicken chunks , mum will marinate the meat with some pepper and light soya sauce before stir fry with potatoes. But since I am using minced meat I omit this marinating process.