Bought a pack of eggplant last week, there were originally meant for tempura but then I did not have time to go and buy the fresh seafood, so rather than let the eggplant sit too long inside the fridge and get spoiled , I change the plan and make a deep fried eggplant with parmesan instead.
I don’t have a formal recipe for this, it was an attempt to replicate the snacks I tried in one of my U.S trip.
- Few small or medium size egg plants – sliced about 0.25 cm diagonally.
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs + 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Oil for frying
- Chilli flakes
- Cut eggplants and sprinkle with salt, set aside for 20 minutes, rinse off the salt on running water
- Dry eggplants with kitchen towel, sprinkle some pepper
- Dip eggplants in egg mixture and roll on breadcrumbs and cheese
- Deep fry until golden yellow and remove excess oil on kitchen towel
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes and serve will still hot