This chicken serve as side dish of today Birthday Bento.
I am glad to be able to maximize the unused Nori , this recipe is very easy to make and multipurpose, as appetizer, side dish for meal with rice or as fast finger food or snacks.
- 2 skinless chicken breast
- 1 table spoon soya sauce
- 1 table spoon cooking wine
- 1/4 tea spoon pepper
- 1 sheet nori, finely chopped or crumbled into very small pieces
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 tea spoon mushroom granules and few drops of sugar to enhance flavor (optional)
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces/cubes and discard any thin ends so that the pieces will be an even size.
- Combine soy sauce, cooking wine and pour to chicken, toss until the pieces are evenly coated with the marinade, set aside for 10 minutes then drain off any excess marinade
- Mix the nori with cornflour and lightly coat each piece of chicken in cornflour mixture
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown, drain on paper towels
- Serve with steamed rice for lunch/dinner or else just eat it as finger food snacks.