I still have a pack of frozen Udon , being just published a post on Nabeyaki Udon (the soup version) , I decided to cook different version which is more suitable for lunch and of course new my Bento box hence Fried Udon.
- 1 pack of frozen udon -> preboiled for 10 seconds, dip into ice water, drain and set aside.
- Few shrimp, remove the shell.
- Few slice of skinless chicken/ pork fillet
- a bunch of chopped Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 table spoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock/vegetable stock
- 1 table spoon soya sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 table spoon sesame oil
- 1/2 table spoon sweet soya sauce
- Cooking oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet, add garlic,, onion, cabbage, carrot and the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, chicken and stir for 1 minute
- Add udon and then stock, soy sauce, sweet soya sauce, sesame oil, stir fry over high heat until heated through.