This supposed to be a Jan 7 post, I cook Nabeyaki Udon for my dinner but did not post immediately due to network issue.
The hot and yummy soup is just perfect for the rainy day and it was so easy to cook, as easy as cooking instant noodle with some preparation on the ingredients in advance.
- 1 pack frozen Japanese Udon
- 300 ml water + 1 table spoon Dashi stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 1/2 Welsh Onion – slice diagonally
- 1 Kani stick
- Few thinly sliced beef
- 1 Shitake mushroom – pre-boiled
- Tempura prawn – cook in advance
- Few slices of Kamaboko – I skip this since I don’t have it in my fridge
- Boiled the frozen Udon for 20 seconds and transfer to soak in the ice water for 10 seconds , strain and set aside.
- Mix water and Dashi stock, add soya sauce and mirin and bring to simmer.
- Turn off the heat, add Udon, and the rest of other ingredients in the Nabeyaki soup, bring to boil to cook.
- Remove from heat and serve while still hot.
- Washed the beef thoroughly to remove blood and pre-boiled for 10 seconds to ensure the nabeyaki to have a clear stock.
- I am too lazy to make prawn tempura so I just cooked the prawn as what it is.
- You may change the ingredients to anything up to your liking.