This is a multi purposes recipe. It can serve as fast finger snack, or side dishes to go with rice, or as an ingredients of other recipe as as part of Bento too🙂
You can mix and match the roll’s inside accordingly.
Pork belly with enoki mushroom is one of popular ingredients for Shabu-shabu/Hot pot.
While the grilled version is very close to Japanese yakitori.
Baby Asparagus is another perfect match for this rolls too.
- Pork belly
- Enoki mushroom (cut the root)
- Baby Asparagus (use only the upper part)
- 1 table spoon Soya Sauce
- 3 table spoon Mirin
- 1 table spoon of Teriyaki sauce
- Pork belly with Enoki mushroom for shabu -shabu/hotpot -> no need to marinate the ingredients, just roll the pork belly with small bunch of Enoki.
For the grill version :
- Mix soya sauce , teriyaki sauce, mirin, pepper.
- Marinated the ingredients (Enoki, Asparagus, Pork belly) into the sauce and leave it for about 2 minutes.
- Roll some of pork belly with Enoki .
- Roll the rest of pork belly with asparagus. I don’t have the picture because upon preparing I just found out that the baby Asparagus that I bought yesterday was not fresh anymore😦
- Melt butter and cook the rolled pork belly with the rest of the sauce until golden brown.