A simple and cheap fast finger snack.
Batter : 100 gr flour + 140 cc water (you may substitute with vegetable stock to add more flavor) + salt + pepper + 1/2 teaspoon mushroom powder (optional)
- 1 medium cabbage sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot sliced thinly
- 1/2 leek sliced thinly
- chilli (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Whisk batter ingredients into large bowl.
- Add in the sliced vegetables, mix well.
- Heat oil and scoop 1 spoon of the vegetable mixture and deep fried until both side golden brown.
- Serve while still warm
Notes : I like to make the fritter into a slightly plump shape, however it is a bit challenging during the deep frying process to ensure the mixture inside is well cooked (the fritter outer side and the leeks tend to goes brown quickly, therefore have to balance the temp well)
Alternative and healthier way is the flatten shape where you don’t have to deep fried. Just heat two table spoon of oil and cook over medium heat until both side golden brown.