I was inspired by the new Churros cafe which just opened in my neighborhood. So I try to browse for recipe and I found one which looks simple enough to make.
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
- Cinnamon powder/Sugar powder for sprinkle
- Caramel sauce-> melt butter and sugar on sauce pan, add cream and mixed well until the sauce color turn brownish.
- Choco sauce -> melt cooking choco chips/ choco blocks and butter , mix well.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer o, pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle churros with cinnamon/sugar powder.