For potato lovers, here’s another recipe which main ingredient is potato.
3-4 medium size potatoes
salt & pepper
1) Steam or boil potatoes until tender, allow to cool, then peel off and discard skins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2) Coarsely grate the potatoes, add some pepper and salt.
3) Heat butter on frying pan and when butter sizzling, add the grated potato. Press down gently to form a thin level layer.
4) Cook the rosti over low heat for about 15-20 minutes until potato turn golden brown and crusty.
5) Place a large serving plate over frying pan and invert rosti into plate.
6) Heat butter in the same pan and slide back the other side of rosti into the pan. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until the underside is also crisp and golden brown.
7) Serve while still hot
For breakfast : served with eggs and bacon
For lunch : served with salad
Additional condiment : tartar sauce