Risoles are categorized as snack food in Indonesia, they are called risol (pronounced ‘riss-ol’) and eaten with chilli sauce or chilli padi.
Ingredients : Wrapper (est 15 pieces)
- 150 gr flour
- 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml water
- 125 ml milk
- 1/2 table spoon cooking oil
Steps (wrapper) :
- Mix flour, and salt in a bowl, add water and whisk well.
- Add the egg and milk and whisk until mixture become smooth, then add on the cooking oil.
- Heat oil on pancake pan or any non sticking pan and pour in 1-2 table spoon mixture to made a thin wrapper (like crepes), don’t over cooked it, as long as the wrapper looks cooked then it is alright to remove from the pan. If the batter mixture is too thick then add a little water to ensure the wrapper result won’t be too thick.
- Repeat steps 3 until you finish the mixture. Set aside the wrapper and let it cool.
Ingredients : Filling
- 5 slices of smoked beef
- 150 gr of cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 3 eggs (boiled and slice thinly)
- 100 ml mayonnaise
Ingredients : Others
- Bread crumbs
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Once the wrapper is cooling, place them on the table, put each slice of smoked beef, cheese and egg on top of wrapper, and then add 1 – 1.5 tea spoon mayonnaise.
- Fold the wrapper into a square envelope shape, glued the edge of the wrapper with some beaten egg.
- Dip the Risoles into beaten egg and then roll on breadcrumbs.
- Deep fried until the color turn golden brown, drain on paper towels.
- Serve with chilli sauce or chilli padi