It’s been a while….
The reason is always cliche… too busy and don’t have time to cook.
Moreover my stove was broken and for the past 2 months I survived on delivery food order so I had enough and would love to get back to home cooked food.
Thanks to a friend of mine who gave me a new portable gas stove with an amazingly strong heat (better than my old one), so I am back to my kitchen.
By the way from now on, some new post might not include the step by step pictures, since I am doing this all by myself I found it was kind of troublesome since I am doing all the picture taking and the cooking (another reason is also to protect my beloved camera for getting stain/grease from the cooking part) therefore for some dishes only upload the final cooked photo of each recipe.
This new post is Macaroni Chicken Soup which was inspired by KFC.
A friend of mine drop by and gave me a bucket of 9 pcs KFC whole chicken and I can’t finish them all so I am trying to be creative on how I can make use of the leftover and turn into new dishes and here is the outcome :
– A cup of elbow macaroni
– 1/2 liter chicken stock
– 1 pc of carrot
– 1 pc of potato
– 1/2 can of SPAM
– Chicken breast (cut into small dices)
1) Cut the chicken breast into small dices (in my case if use the leftover KFC, trimmed the skin and its fried crumbs)
2) Cut carrot and potato into small dices
3) Boil the chicken stock over low heat , put in the carrot and potato, leave it for a while till carrot and potato is cooked and soften.
4) Separately, cooked the macaroni until soft , drained them, add a little olive oil to the macaroni , tossed and set aside.
5) Once carrot and potato is soften , put in the chicken breast and let it shimmered.
6) Add a pinch of salt and pepper into the sup, add SPAM, let the soup boil for a while and turn of the heat.
7) Place a portion of macaroni in a bowl and add the soup and its ingredients.
Note : To avoid the macaroni getting overcooked and too soft, only mix/add the macaroni into the soup only when you are about to have them. You can keep the rest of the cooked macaroni and soup in the fridge and reheat them anytime.