1 kg of chicken feet
1 fresh ginger (chopped finely)
3 pieces star anise
1 liter water
1 bowl of ice water + ice cubes
2 table spoons oyster sauce
1 table spoons sweet soya sauce / sugar
2 table spoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sake
2 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
tablespoon black bean sauce
1 table spoons sesame oil
2 table spoon chinese cooking wine
1) Make sure to wash feet chop off toenails and cut into quarters ( If you look at my pictures you will see that I actually forgot to cut them into quarter)
2) Sprinkle a little salt and mix well. Heat oil and deep fry chicken feet until golden brown, quickly dip them into a large bowl of ice water, let the chicken feet soaked until the skin started to swell.
3) Boil water and add ginger, star anise and feet, bring to boil and reduce heat and let it simmer until the water started to reduce into 1/4 of the original amount.
4) Reduce heat to low temperature, add in oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic, pepper, black bean sauce, sesame oil , wine, and mix well.
5) You may add some fresh cut chilli / dried chilli up to your liking.
6) It is recommended to steam the chicken feet before serving, however if you don’t have the time to steam, it is alright to serve them as what it is.