350 gr minced beef (leaner is better)
3 slice of white bread (cut into 4 portion/slice)
150 cc milk
100 gr Onion (chopped) + 1 tea spoon chopped garlic
1/2 tea spoon nutmeg powder
1 tea spoon pepper
1 tea spoon salt
1 egg (beat till loose)
1 teaspoon butter
some butter for fying
Mushroom sauce :
1 cup of beef gravy
100 gr of sliced mushroom
2 table spoon butter
1/2 tea spoon lemon juice
1 tea spoon Worcestershire sauce
1) Heat butter over medium heat and stir onion till soften, garlic, stir for a while until garlic change color, add milk and bread, mix till bread is moisten.
2) Add meat and all the rest of ingredients, mix well.
3) Pour mixture into loaf pan, cover with aluminium foil and steam until cooked (poke with bamboo skewer to check if skewer come out clean means meat is cooked)
4) Sliced into 1.5 cm thickness.
5) In frying pan, melt butter over medium heat, fry the sliced meatloaf till brown color, set aside.
6) Serve with mashed potatoes/ fries/veggie or any sauce of your liking.
In a frying pan, cook mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons of butter for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the lemon juice , Worcestershire sauce and gravy. Bring to a boil while stirring and serve while hot.
Notes : You may baked the meatloaf instead of steam and it will reduce the frying steps.
Upon baking for approximate 1 – 1.5 hrs (depending on your oven), after cooling meatloaf is ready to cut and serve as your liking.