I always goes for the instant macaroni cheeses pack until one day I watch the Master Chef show in the TV and inspired by the challenge of this simple dishes.
Though look easy yet it is kind of challenging and it was set as the selection dishes for the participants to enter the top 40 finalis, many good chef failed and some succeed to enter the competition.
I am not sure if mine can considered as those that can win, nevertheless when I try and cook it , I found that it is much better than the instant microwave pack, therefore I decided to share it here.
250 gr dried macaroni
3 button mushroom (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
150 ml fresh cream
150 ml milk
1/2 tea spoon of nutmeg powder
180 gr Cheddar cheese (grated)
2 table spoon of chopped basil
1 tea spoon salt
1 tea spoon pepper
1) Cook the macaroni until soft (don’t forget to add a pinch of salt in the boiling water), set aside.
2) Saute mushroom in separate saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir for 3 mins and add garlic and stir for 1 min
3) Add teh cream, milk, nutmeg and bring to boil.
4) Stir in basil and 130 gr of cheese until the cheese has melted, season with salt and pepper.
5) Prepare the cooked macaroni into gratin dish.
6) Pour in the sauce
7) Top with the remaining of the cheese
8) Baked in preheated oven for 10 mins until the surface turn golden brown.