I always love potato… and cool Japanese potato salad is one among many ways to enjoy potato.
It is simple to make and definitely refreshing with its light creamy flavor
– 3 to 4 medium potatoes , scrubbed.
– 1 small carrot
– 1 small cucumber
– 3 eggs
– salt & pepper (you may add some Parmesan cheese as your liking)
1) Boil the potatoes with their skins until tender (you can poke a fork or skewer though one to test the tenderness)
2) Boil the carrot unpeeled in the same pot.
3) Boil the eggs until hard boiled (you can put everything in the same pot)
4) While waiting for the potatoes, prepare the cucumber , take out the seeds and slice thinly, sprinkle with little of salt, squeeze and set a side to get rid of the juices.
5) Take out the carrot from pot, peel while still hot and slice in small pieces, sprinkle with a little of salt, squeeze and set a side.
6) Peel the potatoes while still hot, cut into 2 and smash it while still hot , it is up to you liking to decide if you want a soft and finely smashed and leave few chunks for textures. Toss with a little salt and pepper, set aside and leave to cool.
7) Peel the hard boiled eggs and chop finely (you may set a side some portion in slices and garnish the potato salad if you like)
8) When potatoes , carrot, cucumber has cooled to room temperature, mix everything in salad bowl, mix in mayonnaise, add in chopped boiled eggs, mix well.
9) Cool in the refrigerator and after a while ( about 1 hr).
10 ) Garnish as your liking and enjoy 🙂
Note : You may also add few sliced ham into the potato salad if you like.
And if you have any left overs, you can try the potato salad recipe in separate post.